Apparently you have to make some sort of GOTY top 10 list, so guess what I just did.
I’m following the herd like a sheep to the slaughter, so here’s my top 10 or whatever number I land on. These games aren’t necessarily the best games this year, but they mean something to me/are proper fun/did something spectacular/saved me from dying – you get it by now, right?
In random order*:
- Papo & Yo: It taught me not to fear my own monster.
- Hotline Miami: Door, meet face. Face, meet door.
- FTL: Faster Than Light: Aiming for the stars.
- The Walking Dead: Rubbish when played twice, brilliant when played once.
- Spec Ops: The Line: “They can only see the mere show, and never can tell what it really means.“
- Catherine: It gave me nightmares.
- Far Cry 3: Look at me, I’m insane. HA HA.
- Mass Effect 3: The end of an era.
- Torchlight II: It’s not Diablo 3.
I haven’t played Dishonored, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
or Journey (I’ve played Journey now, and it’s great – feel free to add it to the list), so there’s that, and if I forgot to mention a brilliant game, it’s probably because it wasn’t quite as brilliant as you think.
*Except for the first game.